tHE Website plumber?
The first time one of customers called me the website plumber I was not sure what to think, for a geek like me with background in Networking and software, it sounded strange because real life plumbing is not really my forte!
But when I started to jokingly use the term “website plumbing” it proved to be fun and gave people an instant idea of what I do and what we at HumanTalents Canada are uniquely known for.
So what does a website plumber do?
Websites develop all sorts of problems over time, things like being clogged and sluggish (not loading fast enough) or other issues such as SSL security, or a misconfigured DNS resulting in page errors or too many redirections that negatively affects user experience and SEO rank.
Website plumbing is part of the website maintenance and security service.
The website maintenance list includes (but not limited to)
- Infrastructure/hosting/vps or server work
- Moving your website to a new hosting provider
- Re-configuration of your domain email server
- Installation and configuration of an SSL certificate.
- Fixing the “website security” error or the “site not secure” browser alert that is caused by having mixed http and https content
- Setting-up/fixing DNS & redirection
- Optimizing page loading and setting up CDN – networks & CloudFlare etc.
- Customized and secure Setup & configuration of WordPress, including themes and plugins
- Integration with other online platform & configuration of mailing/Auto responder apps (like MailChimp/ConvertKit…)
- Adding features to your website like:
a real-time online booking system, online helpdesk/customer support, Chat and others…
Website Maintenance Plans
Like your car, your website needs to be reliable and run at optimum condition.
Our website security and maintenance plans are designed to do just that!
Automatic themes and plugins updates can BREAK your site! Not to mention WordPress core updates like WP 5 with Gutenberg!
And since every single plugin comes from a different place, there is a chance that some plugins won’t co-exist and play nicely together.
Everyone needs a "Web Guy"
Our co-founder Amr Selim has been in the field of Internet Technology since Y2K, he helped develop and implement web services/online platforms that helped (and continue to help) millions of users in more than 15 countries.
Amr became a certified internet webmaster and e-commerce, e-business expert in back in 2001/2002 and was dubbed “Amr The Internet Guy” before the new nickname of “The Website Plumber” was bestowed upon him in 2017 🙂
Amr enjoys troubleshooting and fixing problems as well as giving older websites a make-over or a Turbo-boost!